Cambria County Certification – Field Test Site #25
Page Last Updated: 02/24/2023 (updated closed testing schedule)
Annual Evaluator Workshop: The PSFA is using PALEARN website for next year’s 2023 Evaluator Workshop. The PSFA Certification Staff will email evaluators when the workshop is available online.
Visit the PSFA website for additional information
Click here for the 2023 Fee Schedule
Application information is listed below
2023 OPEN Tests:
Spring Schedule –
- FF-2: Written Exam & Skills Test on Sat. June 3, 2023 (Application Deadline Date: Sat. May 13, 2023)
- HMO: Written Exam & Skills Test on Sun. June 4, 2023 (Application Deadline Date: Sun. May 14, 2023)
- FF-1: Written Exam on Fri. June 9, 2023 & Skills Test on Sat. June 10, 2022 (Application Deadline Date: Fri. May 19, 2023)
- FF-2: Written Exam & Skills Test on Sat. Oct. 7, 2023 (Application Deadline Date: Sat. Sept. 16, 2023)
- FF-1: Written Exam on Fri. Oct. 20, 2023 & Skills Test on Sat. Oct. 21, 2029 (Application Deadline Date: Fri. Sept. 29, 2023)
2023 Closed Testing Dates:
- Roaring Spring VFC., Blair County: FF-1 Closed Test – Written Exam: Friday June 23, 2023 & Skills Test: Sunday June 25, 2023 (Application Deadline Date: Fri. June 2, 2023)
- Roaring Spring VFC., Blair County: FF-2 Closed Test – Written Exam & Skills Test on Sat. Oct. 28, 2023 (Application Deadline Date: Sat. Oct. 7, 2023)
- Conemaugh VFC Sta. 15 – Cambria County: FF-1 Closed Test – DATE TO BE DETERMINED
APPLICATION DEADLINE POLICY:
Deadline for applications is 3 weeks (21 days) prior to the written test – NO EXCEPTIONS, this will allow ample time to have incomplete applications returned and corrected or accommodations needed prior to testing. No new applications will be accepted after the deadline.
CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS/NO SHOW POLICY:
Cancellations must be in writing, and can be sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by text message to (814) 659-1171; or by mail to Cambria County Certification Site #25, 727 Glenwood Ave., Johnstown, PA 15905-4040. Refunds will be determined by the sent date of the notice. Refunds for cancelling at any time will be subject to a $15 processing fee. Refunds for a cancellation sent to us between 7 and 14 days before the test you are registered for will be subject to a $25 processing fee. Those who cancel within seven (7) days of the written test you are registered for, or do not attend, forfeit the full application fee, which, if unpaid, will be invoiced.
Checks must be submitted with the application; the applications will not be accepted without the application fee.
Checks can be payable to “CAMBRIA COUNTY CERTIFICATION”
Applications and checks should be mailed to:
Cambria County Certification
c/o William G. Cornell, Deputy Coordinator
727 Glenwood Avenue
Johnstown, PA 15905-4040
PLEASE NOTE: Effective January 1, 2016 ALL certification applications must be typed on a computer using the pdf fillable document and printed, all signatures must be done in black or blue ink.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective March 3, 2021 – NFPA 1001-2019 edition was implemented, new and updated applications, candidate handbooks and skill sheets for FF-1 and FF-2 are now posted on the PSFA Website.
Visit the PA State Fire Academy Certification Website
Applications, Skill Sheets and Candidate Handbooks can be downloaded from the PSFA website
Certification Levels offered by the PSFA
For additional information or questions, please contact:
Eric Miller, Site Coordinator: Cell 814-242-6441 or email
William G. Cornell, Deputy Coordinator: Cell 814-659-1171 or email